• #navbar-iframe { height: 30px; visibility: ; display: top; }
    Saturday, May 03, 2008
    We're home!
    Well, we're all moved in to our new home. WOW moving sucks... and we have way too much stuff. It took 3 trips of 3 cars and a trailer to get all our stuff moved..it was crazy. Getting the stuff there was only the beginning though. The first 2 days my mom and I basically disinfected our entire floor (there's 3 floors, we live on the middle one). The bathroom will have to pretty much be completely redone, but since that won't happen for a little while we had some major cleaning to do in there ( I can't even post pics...it was too gross). Now it's not bad, just needs a new ceiling. My mom also scrubbed down our whole kitchen and it looks so great! That's the best thing about this whole house - the kitchen... I can't post pics yet because now it's got wood bits and saw dust and tools everywhere, but yesterday it was spotless!! Now today Craig's dad, brother and grandpa are here and they have started the bigger jobs, such as putting in a doorway in our kitchen, and completely renovating the whole basement. Here are some pics, I'll get more up there as the process goes along.

    Kyle sawing through the kitchen so we can put a doorway there

    Craig and Keith taking a wall down in the basement

    Almost done with the doorway!

    Beginning the process of putting dry wall up in the basement


    Mom standing amidst our stuff (I think she was signing "help" and yes she's totally wearing a shirt that says "resistance is futile")
    posted by jamie @ 2:52 PM  
    2 Comments:
    • At 7:23 PM, May 03, 2008, Blogger Angela Oliver said…

      Hey Jamarama!

      I saw on facebook something about moving so I checked out your blog for more info (thank goodness for blogs!) Did you guys buy a new house? I know you think it might look gross - but if you guys are renovating, etc I'm sure it will be great. Actually I like the wood floor I saw in one pic and the door with all the windows in it - it looks nice actually. And your summer sounds like it's shaping up to be something great. Leigh and I both think that Craig must be thrilled with his new job. It seems right up his ally! so glad things are good for you guys now..

       
    • At 2:19 PM, May 05, 2008, Blogger Lindsey said…

      yeah! so exciting! hope all the renos go well james and congrats on finishing school!

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     

    About Me

    Name: jamie
    Home: St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
    About Me: I am an American living in Ontario. I've just recently started going to school again for a BA in Human Services. I like mexican and indian food and watching tv way more than the average individual. I absolutely love talking to my parents on the phone and my brother is one of my best friends. I'm married to a great guy whose pretty much the exact opposite of me but he loves me and makes laugh and we have a lot of fun. I didn't always feel this way, but these days I'm feelin' pretty good. That's my life, welcome to chaos and order.
    See my complete profile
    for entertaining
    for watching
    for reading
    for contemplating the recent past
    for contemplating the past
    for finding things

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    for pushing buttons

    Jamie Porter Church's Facebook profile 2k Bloggers

    for making money
     
    © Chaos & Order . template by insani.com