• #navbar-iframe { height: 30px; visibility: ; display: top; }
    Saturday, March 01, 2008
    Well the past few days have been interesting. A few nights ago we found out that one of our YWAM family passed away. It was quite a shock because in all her email and blog updates, I never imagined that she wouldn't beat the cancer once again and get herself back to Vancouver. Craig and I were dumbfounded, and the past few nights I've laid awake with that nagging feeling again of how death is so not understandable. My heart so goes out to her family and close friends who are in an entirely different realm of grief then I, because they are the ones who will see everyone else's lives go back to normal while there's never will. There was a beautiful article on the front page of the Winnipeg Press all about Renee, check it out here. Also, for some amazing inspirational words and more about Renee's last moments, check out her dad's lovely blog here.

    Other than that, it's just been work and school. I'm a little behind in some of my school work, so I've really gotta kick it into high gear today and tomorrow. Oh I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but I joined my church choir! It's only a seasonal thing, so this one is for the Easter service. Last week was our first practice and I have another one tomorrow. I am hoping that it will allow me to meet some people, as well as give me an outlet to sing again. It was sooo fun last week talking about choir terms like diphthongs, allegro, staccato, etc. I sure haven't heard that stuff in a while and it was a lot of fun ;)

    Labels: ,

    posted by jamie @ 11:15 AM  
    2 Comments:
    • At 3:56 PM, March 01, 2008, Blogger Unknown said…

      Dear Jamie,

      I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, Renee. It is always a shock when a young person dies, especially from cancer. We read all the time about the advances they've made in cancer research, but the reality is that it's still a devastating disease that so many people do not live through. I pray that her family and friends may find some sort of comfort in remembering her smiles and laughter and knowing that she will always be in their hearts. Mom

       
    • At 3:06 AM, March 03, 2008, Blogger Emily Deu said…

      Jamie I know what you mean, I've been depressed about it all week. I couldn't stop thinking about it. Then on Friday my boss was telling me about his wife, who is not doing well right now, internally bleeding, and was getting herself worried about it and was throwing up. I felt like sick to my stomach. I was just like death and sickness sucks! I've been thinking all week how it's so weird how someone is there one minute and then gone the next. I know that she is with Jesus, and that we will be with Jesus, but it's still weird. Death is weird. Anyway, just wanted to say that I relate to what your saying.

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     

    About Me

    Name: jamie
    Home: St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
    About Me: I am an American living in Ontario. I've just recently started going to school again for a BA in Human Services. I like mexican and indian food and watching tv way more than the average individual. I absolutely love talking to my parents on the phone and my brother is one of my best friends. I'm married to a great guy whose pretty much the exact opposite of me but he loves me and makes laugh and we have a lot of fun. I didn't always feel this way, but these days I'm feelin' pretty good. That's my life, welcome to chaos and order.
    See my complete profile
    for entertaining
    for watching
    for reading
    for contemplating the recent past
    for contemplating the past
    for finding things

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    for pushing buttons

    Jamie Porter Church's Facebook profile 2k Bloggers

    for making money
     
    © Chaos & Order . template by insani.com