• #navbar-iframe { height: 30px; visibility: ; display: top; }
    Thursday, May 08, 2008
    I had another one of my reoccurring teeth falling out dreams last night, which means I'm stressed. This has definitely been the most stressful move we've had, because land lords is a lot of work - especially for Craig. We've already been having the knocks on our door for everything from needing to use our printer, to needing a key because of being locked out of their bedroom (3 times in 12 hours, one at 7:00 am). It is still better than living with a nosy old lady, but it's definitely going to take some getting used to. The reno's are coming along pretty well though, the basement is looking great and ready for dry wall to be put up, and our rooms are slowly getting set up. The hardest part about it all is that on top of the craziness of the house, we both still have to work. Craig is doing 40 hours spread over 6 days a week at the golf course so he's gone with the car all day. I've had to get to know the St. Catharines bus system (which is definitely NOT like Vancouver!!) so that I can get to and from work, which now takes me 45 min instead of 15. I think in a month it will all be routine but right now it's just plain hard, hence the stress dreams returning.

    On a lighter note, I'm singing on the church worship team this weekend so tonight we had our practice. I only knew one person so I was a little insecure but I'm hoping it will be a good way to meet people. Everyone is really good though..I've never really felt nervous on a worship team (except for when I was like 15) so its weird to feel that again! Luckily I'm just singing this week because I'm still not ready with guitar yet..not playing for 2 years has really set me back! The church has this amazing online system where you have an account on this website where the worship leader can put up all the songs you're doing, so you can download and print the chord sheets and listen to the song over the net - which is great because I've been so out of the worship music loop that I hardly know any of the new stuff anymore!

    Well I've got an early morning tomorrow so I'm gonna hit the hay... I hope to have a better update in a few days :)
    posted by jamie @ 10:35 PM  
    1 Comments:
    • At 1:45 PM, May 09, 2008, Blogger joanna said…

      wow Jamie, i hope things settle down soon and that your house feels like home soon. Did you buy the house? reading your blog makes me miss you - I'm so glad you're singing again, I love it when you sing. craig's job sounds great for him.
      your blog header rocks.
      love you,
      jo

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     

    About Me

    Name: jamie
    Home: St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
    About Me: I am an American living in Ontario. I've just recently started going to school again for a BA in Human Services. I like mexican and indian food and watching tv way more than the average individual. I absolutely love talking to my parents on the phone and my brother is one of my best friends. I'm married to a great guy whose pretty much the exact opposite of me but he loves me and makes laugh and we have a lot of fun. I didn't always feel this way, but these days I'm feelin' pretty good. That's my life, welcome to chaos and order.
    See my complete profile
    for entertaining
    for watching
    for reading
    for contemplating the recent past
    for contemplating the past
    for finding things

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    for pushing buttons

    Jamie Porter Church's Facebook profile 2k Bloggers

    for making money
     
    © Chaos & Order . template by insani.com