• #navbar-iframe { height: 30px; visibility: ; display: top; }
    Tuesday, October 16, 2007
    Update
    Okay new post time... I haven't had much to say the past few days. Craig and I have both been really busy with school work, in fact I'm just taking a break from school for 30 minutes before I have Spanish class at 6pm (I started at 9:30 am..!). I've got 2 papers due at the end of this week. The first is a persuasive research paper 5-6 pages long on the Death Penalty and why it should be abolished, and the second is another 5 page paper on the roles of Women in Hinduism and Buddhism. Phew!

    Other than that, not much is going on. Last night I went to check out a place I'm going to start volunteering at. It's a horse ranch that holds lessons for disabled children. The program I'm working with is called a 'Therapeutic Riding Program' and my job will be to walk along side kids as they ride the horse and make sure they don't fall off.. last night was my first time and I must say I'm not sure how well I'll be able to hold kids up when the belly of the horse is higher than my head... we'll see though. It was just really fun to be out in the open air with horses, ponies, dogs, a goat and sheep, and a miniature pony. Oh yeah and a cat and rooster. Very fun!

    Lastly my health is going well. The weight loss slowed down but that was to be expected. I'm 15 lbs lighter and fitting more comfortably into my clothes, which is a great feeling. And because I love deserts, my recipe of the week is a combination of getting good vitamins and one of your fruit servings, while making it a desert. It's a baked apple, and it's yuuuummmmy and only has about 111 calories and 1 gram of fat!

    you need:
    1 apple
    1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
    a few drops of vanilla extract
    .5 tsp of margarine

    Cut the apple into slices, with the seeds and core cut out
    Put the apple back together and put tin foil around it, to hold the shape
    Open the apple up a bit and drop in the brown sugar, extract and margarine
    Close up tight and bake at 350 for about 20 minutes

    YUM! Here's my pic from today.

    Labels: ,

    posted by jamie @ 5:31 PM  
    3 Comments:
    • At 7:22 PM, October 16, 2007, Blogger Susan said…

      That apple dessert looks great...I'm going to try it tonight instead of yogurt and blueberries!

       
    • At 8:29 PM, October 16, 2007, Blogger Kristina said…

      cool, about the therapuetic riding! did you know I've been working for the same type of program here? its where I clean the stalls and I also do side-walking and leading the horse. yeesh! good luck on your papers!

       
    • At 5:29 PM, October 17, 2007, Blogger Emily Deu said…

      Hey James,
      Last night I made two of your recipes for me and my accountability partner. The tuna patties and zuchinni....it was so good!

      Thanks!

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     

    About Me

    Name: jamie
    Home: St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
    About Me: I am an American living in Ontario. I've just recently started going to school again for a BA in Human Services. I like mexican and indian food and watching tv way more than the average individual. I absolutely love talking to my parents on the phone and my brother is one of my best friends. I'm married to a great guy whose pretty much the exact opposite of me but he loves me and makes laugh and we have a lot of fun. I didn't always feel this way, but these days I'm feelin' pretty good. That's my life, welcome to chaos and order.
    See my complete profile
    for entertaining
    for watching
    for reading
    for contemplating the recent past
    for contemplating the past
    for finding things

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    for pushing buttons

    Jamie Porter Church's Facebook profile 2k Bloggers

    for making money
     
    © Chaos & Order . template by insani.com