• #navbar-iframe { height: 30px; visibility: ; display: top; }
    Tuesday, September 11, 2007
    Day 2
    Well it's day 2 of school and day 2 went waaayyy better than day 1...day 1 was a little stressful..a lot stressful. I haven't felt that much stress physically in a loong time... I had this weird heartburn all of sunday and monday. But today....ahh today everything went perfect, I got my spanish class up and running (main cause of stress yesterday - fatal errors and such...) and I'm ahead of the game now in all my classes. I like it so far - it's a lot of work but it's fun work (for the most part). I could ramble on about all the things I'm learning but I wouldn't want to bore you, so here are my top 2 new things I've learned:

    #1. I learned how to make spanish letters on my keyboard! All you have to do is hold down alt and then 4 numbers, and bang - a spanish letter! Watch..... alt + 0241 = ñ super cool... ¿¡áéó

    #2. This is a direct quote from my Sex and Gender: a Cross Cultural Perspective textbook:
    The Vibrator, one of the first electrical appliances, was developed in the 1880's to aid doctors in external pelvic massage. At the time, stimulating a women's genitals was an accepted and well-established treatment for female hysteria and congestion of the genitalia, but was considered an uninteresting and time-consuming procedure. The vibrator produced wonderful results (efficient, practical, fast). Doctors reported that women were so satisfied with the improved massage, that some returned frequently enough to be called "cash cows." Vibrators were seen as so nonsexual that they were soon marketed for home use in respectable ladies journals. In 1918, Sears advertised vibrators as "Aids that every woman appreciates" (Lafont, 1).

    Yeah..wow - interesting class!
    posted by jamie @ 7:07 PM  
    1 Comments:
    • At 8:12 PM, October 01, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      "but was considered an uninteresting and time-consuming procedure."


      I actually 'LOLed" at that one.

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     

    About Me

    Name: jamie
    Home: St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
    About Me: I am an American living in Ontario. I've just recently started going to school again for a BA in Human Services. I like mexican and indian food and watching tv way more than the average individual. I absolutely love talking to my parents on the phone and my brother is one of my best friends. I'm married to a great guy whose pretty much the exact opposite of me but he loves me and makes laugh and we have a lot of fun. I didn't always feel this way, but these days I'm feelin' pretty good. That's my life, welcome to chaos and order.
    See my complete profile
    for entertaining
    for watching
    for reading
    for contemplating the recent past
    for contemplating the past
    for finding things

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    for pushing buttons

    Jamie Porter Church's Facebook profile 2k Bloggers

    for making money
     
    © Chaos & Order . template by insani.com