• #navbar-iframe { height: 30px; visibility: ; display: top; }
    Friday, September 28, 2007
    A recipe for you!
    Well I'm on day 6 of being healthy jamie. It's going great... no troubles so far. I don't have a scale so I don't know if I've lost any weight but I know that just from dieting in my past, you usually lose a lot of water weight in the first 2 weeks. I don't really care about what a scale says anyway...it's going to be in my clothes that I'll be able to tell. The reason I feel great is because I'm learning how to only eat when I'm hungry. I haven't really done that in years..sounds funny but it's true. For the past 2 nights I've had the most tasty dinner ever and I wanted to share it with you. This is for those of you who like Tuna but are getting board with just a plain ol' tuna sandwhich. Also good if you're going low carb. You can omit the crackers if you want.

    Jamie's Tuna Cakes

    1 can of tuna, drained
    1 egg (you can use just the egg white if you want to go low-fat)
    1 tbs mayonnaise (I used fat free but whatever you have is fine)
    1 tsp Dijon style mustard
    a squeeze of lemon juice (this adds a ton to it)
    Salt and Pepper
    4 crackers crushed up into fine crumbs (I used Breton Whole Wheat low fat Crackers)

    mix that all together, makes 4 patties. Roll them into a ball, about the size of an egg, then flatten them between your hands, like you would while making a hamburger. Lay down on hot frying pan. Do this to all of them, cook about 3-4 min on each side or until slightly browned.

    Enjoy!

    (not my photo but similar to what they should turn out like)

    Labels: ,

    posted by jamie @ 9:07 PM  
    3 Comments:
    • At 2:21 AM, September 29, 2007, Blogger Angela Oliver said…

      mmmm....
      thanks for the tip! I'll try it out this week.

      i miss you and think of you quite a bit jammer

      love ange

       
    • At 6:08 PM, September 29, 2007, Blogger Kristina said…

      cool new banner! thanks for the tuna cakes!

       
    • At 4:50 PM, September 30, 2007, Blogger Unknown said…

      The tuna cakes look great, but I'll have to wait until your dad is out of town (he says "The horror, the horror.."). I guess he's not a tuna cake lovin' man. But I think any cake is a good cake, so I look forward to trying it.

      Keep up the great work you're doing!

      Love you,

      Mom

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     

    About Me

    Name: jamie
    Home: St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
    About Me: I am an American living in Ontario. I've just recently started going to school again for a BA in Human Services. I like mexican and indian food and watching tv way more than the average individual. I absolutely love talking to my parents on the phone and my brother is one of my best friends. I'm married to a great guy whose pretty much the exact opposite of me but he loves me and makes laugh and we have a lot of fun. I didn't always feel this way, but these days I'm feelin' pretty good. That's my life, welcome to chaos and order.
    See my complete profile
    for entertaining
    for watching
    for reading
    for contemplating the recent past
    for contemplating the past
    for finding things

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    for pushing buttons

    Jamie Porter Church's Facebook profile 2k Bloggers

    for making money
     
    © Chaos & Order . template by insani.com