• #navbar-iframe { height: 30px; visibility: ; display: top; }
    Saturday, October 06, 2007
    Makin' Progress
    Well I am happy to report that I have lost 14 lbs as of today. It's been a great start, but a lot of weight loss in the beginning is water weight so I know that it will slow down after this week. My goal is to lose around 2 lbs a week now, which is hopefully the healthy kind of weight loss that doesn't come right back in a month.

    Other than that, things are going well. I'm settling into the routine of school and keeping up with my assignments. I really like the online environment and I think it really works well for me. I've handed in 4 papers already and so far have A's in each class, going into week 5. Not too shabby! Here's a screen shot of what my spanish classes are like. I sit there looking at this screen with a headset on while talking with around 15 other people plus my professor. The screen changes like a power point presentation and he has some sort of device that allows him to draw on the screen and it shows up on mine. Pretty neat, huh?

    Still loving Sparkpeople - it's been a huge help in gaining control of eating. I knew it would be a big commitment, but so far the time spent on that site has been wonderful. I just can't believe that kind of service is free! It really is amazing... I got my mom all set up on there now so we're going to be working on this weight loss together. It always helps to have people "around" you that are working at it too.

    Well that's it for me these days. Hope all is well out there in blogland!

    Labels: , ,

    posted by jamie @ 7:36 PM  
    1 Comments:
    • At 1:47 PM, October 09, 2007, Blogger joanna said…

      Jamie, that's so cool. I have been thinking alot lately about how i use food too, and when i eat. i also really appreciated your comments about meditation the other day I have been meditating on them. And I love the story about your folks. Miss you right now....
      jo

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     

    About Me

    Name: jamie
    Home: St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
    About Me: I am an American living in Ontario. I've just recently started going to school again for a BA in Human Services. I like mexican and indian food and watching tv way more than the average individual. I absolutely love talking to my parents on the phone and my brother is one of my best friends. I'm married to a great guy whose pretty much the exact opposite of me but he loves me and makes laugh and we have a lot of fun. I didn't always feel this way, but these days I'm feelin' pretty good. That's my life, welcome to chaos and order.
    See my complete profile
    for entertaining
    for watching
    for reading
    for contemplating the recent past
    for contemplating the past
    for finding things

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    for pushing buttons

    Jamie Porter Church's Facebook profile 2k Bloggers

    for making money
     
    © Chaos & Order . template by insani.com