• #navbar-iframe { height: 30px; visibility: ; display: top; }
    Tuesday, November 06, 2007
    Health Update
    I thought I'd give a health update since I haven't talked about it in a few weeks. I had an unfortunate scale issue this past week which messed up my results a bit. I had been using our landlord's scale which was an older dial one to do my weigh ins, but a week ago my parents brought me a nicer digital one and it turns out that the older one was 4 pounds off, and not to my advantage. So in reality, I've only lost 15 lbs...stupid scale. But, atleast I know it's accurate now. Eating and exercising have been going well, I generally jog/walk for 30 minutes (about 3/4ths jogging now!) 4-5 times a week. I used to hate hate hate running, especially on a treadmill (boring!) but now that I've got a nice route in the great outdoors I'm enjoying it more and more. I find also that putting to practice another technique from the Secret is helping with that as well. Instead of telling myself that I hate running, I am now telling myself that I love it, and calling myself a runner. What a stretch! BUT, it's working..my mindset is changing and I'm slowly finding that I'm starting to look forward to these little jaunts. Crazy how we can control things like that if we want to. Here's a nice pic of me lookin all hot and sweaty after my run today (in 6c degree weather! Brrr)
    posted by jamie @ 5:40 PM  
    2 Comments:
    • At 7:57 PM, November 06, 2007, Blogger Unknown said…

      You are a runner!!! Congrats Jamie. Keep up the good work. It got cold here today. When Donna and I walked today, it started to snow. I don't think I'm quite ready for winter, yet.

      Mom

       
    • At 6:04 PM, November 07, 2007, Blogger Lindsey said…

      yeah, way to go james! i have started running too. i tell myself i love it...i'll think of you next time, we can run together!

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     

    About Me

    Name: jamie
    Home: St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
    About Me: I am an American living in Ontario. I've just recently started going to school again for a BA in Human Services. I like mexican and indian food and watching tv way more than the average individual. I absolutely love talking to my parents on the phone and my brother is one of my best friends. I'm married to a great guy whose pretty much the exact opposite of me but he loves me and makes laugh and we have a lot of fun. I didn't always feel this way, but these days I'm feelin' pretty good. That's my life, welcome to chaos and order.
    See my complete profile
    for entertaining
    for watching
    for reading
    for contemplating the recent past
    for contemplating the past
    for finding things

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    for pushing buttons

    Jamie Porter Church's Facebook profile 2k Bloggers

    for making money
     
    © Chaos & Order . template by insani.com