• #navbar-iframe { height: 30px; visibility: ; display: top; }
    Thursday, March 08, 2007
    Never go to ESSO
    I had another negative experience today.

    I have an ESSO gas card, originally for $100. I have used it twice, and have both receipts to prove it. My last transaction on it left me $20.44 as a remaining balance.

    I went to use it at the gas station today and the guy swiped my card, nothing happend..he punched some numbers, it beeped, swiped again...nothing... so the guy says, "there's no money left on this card".

    Um, yes there is, I say.

    Sorry, the machine says there isn't.

    That's because you swiped it twice and messed it up, I say.

    No I didn't.

    Yes you did!

    (insert me getting really frustrated and telling this guy exactly what he did, showing him BOTH receipts as the only possible 'proof' one could have in this situation, and him just saying "sorry, it says no money left, maybe try again later"

    Trust me, there won't be a later.. I say. I get in my car and drive (on an extremely empty tank) to another ESSO. I go in, armed with my receipts, and ask them to swipe my card.

    Sorry, no money on here.

    I explain my story, staying calm. I show my beloved receipts. I explain that the card has been with me the whole time and there's no way I have used $70 in gas in one week. I ask, now drawing a crowd, what the heck the point of a gift card is if you can't trust the machines that tell you your balance? He says he cannot help me, and I leave.

    Now what? Do I attempt to fight this as well? Add another form to fill out? Do I fight the man and make them pay me back my $20, or do I let it be and never walk into an ESSO again, all the while telling people for the rest of my life to never trust them? File a report on scamclub.com (a very cool new site)?

    Tell me, what do I do? I am tired of fighting the man. It's serioulsy not getting me anywhere.

    Or... is this part of what I was talking about in my earlier post, about how giving off negative energy only attracts it. I don't know... I just don't know

    Labels: , , ,

    posted by jamie @ 1:02 AM  
    3 Comments:
    • At 12:56 PM, March 08, 2007, Blogger Leanne said…

      okay, so i was going to post on your last entry, but i guess i will post on this one since it has to do with the same thing. i guess maybe i am one of those people who is naive and trusts everyone. i don't know a scam unless it smacks me in the face. i guess one thing i would do for the esso card is ask them to print out a copy of what dates you used the card and amounts and then show them the recepits. i would file nationally rather than go to a station...those people never know anything. i hope all goes well with the paper. ;)

       
    • At 1:11 AM, March 09, 2007, Blogger hannah said…

      oh have frustrating!
      i would have said something rude i think. just cuz i would have been so mad.

      anyways. what was that website to that paint free thing again you said you were making your pictures cool with?? i can't find the post...

       
    • At 12:18 AM, March 10, 2007, Blogger Lindsey said…

      that sucks jamie!!

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     

    About Me

    Name: jamie
    Home: St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
    About Me: I am an American living in Ontario. I've just recently started going to school again for a BA in Human Services. I like mexican and indian food and watching tv way more than the average individual. I absolutely love talking to my parents on the phone and my brother is one of my best friends. I'm married to a great guy whose pretty much the exact opposite of me but he loves me and makes laugh and we have a lot of fun. I didn't always feel this way, but these days I'm feelin' pretty good. That's my life, welcome to chaos and order.
    See my complete profile
    for entertaining
    for watching
    for reading
    for contemplating the recent past
    for contemplating the past
    for finding things

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    for pushing buttons

    Jamie Porter Church's Facebook profile 2k Bloggers

    for making money
     
    © Chaos & Order . template by insani.com