• #navbar-iframe { height: 30px; visibility: ; display: top; }
    Tuesday, March 06, 2007
    What NOT to do
    I feel completely buried in paperwork. I'm filling out forms for my perminant residency, a work visa, 2 university applications, and now I have added another form to fight fraudulant bank charges... ugh..

    Speaking of fraudulant bank charges, let me take this time to issue a warning. Do not buy anything from a man named Kevin Trudeau, or a company called Natural Cures. This is a guy who basically claims that he can cure cancer and makes people believe he has the 'natural' cure for every single disease. Well, a while back, I bought his books ("Natural Cures They Don't Want You to Know About", and "More Natural Cures") when I was really in to the whole naturopathic thing. I bought them off a TV commercial (Stupid..I know..) for really cheap, which of course is how they hook you in. Then, after I gave them my credit card info, the operator mentioned that by buying these books I was being signed up for the Natural Cures newsletter. BUT, if I didn't want this newsletter, all I had to do was email cancel@naturalcures.com and say I wanted to unsubscribe. Apparently I could do this right away, and never receive the newsletter. So, of course I email this right away as I refuse to be one of those people they hope will just forget and continue to pay.

    Well, 2 months pass, and the newsletter comes. I email again stating that I DO NOT WANT THIS newsletter, as it automatically charges my bank account $5.95 USD. Then, 2 more months pass, and another one comes. Another charge. This time I am not going to let them get away with it. I am pursuing legal action because I am so annoyed that this guy is such a scam artist.

    Oh I forgot to mention- a week or so after I bought these books, I see on a 20/20 special that Kevin Trudeau is one of the worst con-men in the info-mercial world. YIKES! I guess he's been sued countless times and 'they' (?) have fought to try and get his info-mercials off the TV. But, he prevails and continues to mislead people buy making them think he has the natural cure they need, while charging them bi-monthly (note the bi is because if it was monthly people would notice more and fight against it) and hoping they forget.

    So, this brings me to the present. Paperwork..tons of it.. ugh

    Labels: , , ,

    posted by jamie @ 11:20 PM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     

    About Me

    Name: jamie
    Home: St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
    About Me: I am an American living in Ontario. I've just recently started going to school again for a BA in Human Services. I like mexican and indian food and watching tv way more than the average individual. I absolutely love talking to my parents on the phone and my brother is one of my best friends. I'm married to a great guy whose pretty much the exact opposite of me but he loves me and makes laugh and we have a lot of fun. I didn't always feel this way, but these days I'm feelin' pretty good. That's my life, welcome to chaos and order.
    See my complete profile
    for entertaining
    for watching
    for reading
    for contemplating the recent past
    for contemplating the past
    for finding things

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    for pushing buttons

    Jamie Porter Church's Facebook profile 2k Bloggers

    for making money
     
    © Chaos & Order . template by insani.com