• #navbar-iframe { height: 30px; visibility: ; display: top; }
    Friday, August 22, 2008
    Woes.
    **I don't like complaining on my blog. I know I do it sometimes but I consciously try to not use this as that kind of outlet. That said, I would like to just talk about some annoying things going on right now that I feel like writing about.

    Computer update: got it back from the shop...the "chip set" is malfunctioning due to extreme overheating. According to the computer guy, running it with the side off and a fan blowing on it should allow me to use it for a few hours at a time. Got it home, got the fan, got the side off, turned it on in great anticipation, and saw it go all wonky again in like 2 min. Turned it off manually, attempted to turn back on and is no longer even starting up, which is new. Same thing when I tried this morning and this evening... I think it really is it this time. And that sucks big, big, big time.

    I had a bad day at work today, which does not happen very often.

    And I raced home from work to meet a guy who wanted to look at our last spare room open in the basement, who turned out to be a no-show like a surprising amount of others. Why??? Why set up a time if you're not going to come? Why not pick up the phone and say you're not coming anymore or you've changed your mind?

    Okay now for some positives so that I don't go to bed angry. I started re-watching greys anatomy again from the beginning and am falling in love again (and yes, that is a positive...its something fun and exciting in my life). Though today was bad at work, usually my days are great and I am blessed with a good job and fun work environment. I talked to my parents on the phone for a while which is always nice. Craig came home from golfing and said that he always looked forward to coming home to me, which was so sweet. And, even though my beloved computer is probably gone for good, I have an old one that was given to us a couple years ago that works and will allow me to start school in 2 weeks without worrying how I am going to take my classes.
    posted by jamie @ 11:01 PM  
    4 Comments:
    • At 7:21 PM, August 23, 2008, Blogger Leanne said…

      hey james. glad to see you're back, even tho it's not all positive. contrary to popular belief, we don't always have to be happy. that being said, i'm glad you have a couple good things going on.

      if your laptop does turn on again, it might be a good plan to purchase a cooling pad. there are several different brands available. i've found that mine definately helps immediately. it just plus into your usb. just a thought. hope it works again!

       
    • At 1:33 AM, August 24, 2008, Blogger Angela Oliver said…

      awwww! BUMMER! sorry for the crappiness!

      Hope this week looks up for you!

      Love you loads.
      Ange

       
    • At 11:49 AM, August 24, 2008, Blogger Audrey Whitesides said…

      i miss you...miss our talks...

       
    • At 5:14 PM, August 25, 2008, Blogger Leanne said…

      hmm...i don't think it would work on a desktop. they are really lightweight (less than 2 lbs) so i don't think it would work. sorry! thought it was a laptop.

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     

    About Me

    Name: jamie
    Home: St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
    About Me: I am an American living in Ontario. I've just recently started going to school again for a BA in Human Services. I like mexican and indian food and watching tv way more than the average individual. I absolutely love talking to my parents on the phone and my brother is one of my best friends. I'm married to a great guy whose pretty much the exact opposite of me but he loves me and makes laugh and we have a lot of fun. I didn't always feel this way, but these days I'm feelin' pretty good. That's my life, welcome to chaos and order.
    See my complete profile
    for entertaining
    for watching
    for reading
    for contemplating the recent past
    for contemplating the past
    for finding things

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    for pushing buttons

    Jamie Porter Church's Facebook profile 2k Bloggers

    for making money
     
    © Chaos & Order . template by insani.com