• #navbar-iframe { height: 30px; visibility: ; display: top; }
    Sunday, June 17, 2007
    Birthday Musings
    Well, 24 years ago today I entered this world. That seems like a very, very long time ago. I know, all you people older than I roll your eyes as I say I feel old, but please... I'm sure you thought the same thing when you moved from your 'early' 20s to you 'mid' 20s. Any time you go from an 'early' to a 'mid', or a 'mid' to a 'late', it's hard. It's a big life change..it feels like you got a lot older in that year than you did the last time you had a birthday. Either way, it's not like you can stop it so whatever.

    I had a nice day. Laid around, which was great..I love saturdays...every saturday is a holiday to me. It's my sabbath..my day of rest where I can sleep in and do what I want. So today was the same. My favorite part was during the afternoon while Craig and I napped, although napping to him is actually sleeping, while napping to me was watching ER on our new little portable DVD player in bed...so fun..!

    I opened presents after that, got season 5 of ER and season 1 of Friends from Craig (I already celebrated my b-day with my parents when I was visiting them in May). Then we went to Langley because I wanted to go to the Olive Garden. Unfortunately though, the entire city apparently also had that desire and when we got there it was going to be an hour and 10 min. wait. So I said no thank you, and we went to Cactus Club. My dear sweet husband would've stuck it out with me, but I couldn't do it. I was bummed at first, but soon forgot as I ate my really yummy cedar-plank-salmon and veggies at Cactus Club!

    This day got me thinking though...what is it about birthdays that usually get people feeling worse on that day then they do every other day? It seems like it's supposed to be so special - what you do, where you go for dinner, if people remember, what presents you get, etc. To be honest, I don't have high expectations that people will remember because quite frankly, I rarely remember anyone else's besides my own family. So I don't feel bad in the least... In fact, it was a fine day, and I enjoyed just hanging out with Craig. Jessi also called me from Boston, which was very nice. But, I don't know...something still leaves me feeling uneasy about celebrating birthdays, my own and other people's. I think it's the tension of expectation in the air. Everyone probably has some sort of expectations...how do you know what they are? If you don't meet them, is that your fault, or were they too high to begin with? I just don't know.

    Oh well, it's my birthday and I can muse if I want to.

    Labels: , , , ,

    posted by jamie @ 1:41 AM  
    3 Comments:
    • At 3:21 AM, June 17, 2007, Blogger Emily Deu said…

      Happy Birthday James!!! I wanted to call you, but I don't have your number...so I left a message on my blog, check it out. Glad you had a good day. Love you lots!!!
      Miss you,
      Emily

       
    • At 8:08 AM, June 17, 2007, Blogger Audrey Whitesides said…

      hey james, happy birthday, i sent you a japanese birthday card, did you get it??? hope you had a good day, your food looks so good!

       
    • At 11:31 AM, June 19, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      hey guess what, I think im old... and I am only 22. The other day someone asked me how old I was, then before I could answer she guessed 18. When I said no.. she said 17!?! How could I possibly be older than 18? Funny story eh?

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     

    About Me

    Name: jamie
    Home: St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
    About Me: I am an American living in Ontario. I've just recently started going to school again for a BA in Human Services. I like mexican and indian food and watching tv way more than the average individual. I absolutely love talking to my parents on the phone and my brother is one of my best friends. I'm married to a great guy whose pretty much the exact opposite of me but he loves me and makes laugh and we have a lot of fun. I didn't always feel this way, but these days I'm feelin' pretty good. That's my life, welcome to chaos and order.
    See my complete profile
    for entertaining
    for watching
    for reading
    for contemplating the recent past
    for contemplating the past
    for finding things

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    for pushing buttons

    Jamie Porter Church's Facebook profile 2k Bloggers

    for making money
     
    © Chaos & Order . template by insani.com