• #navbar-iframe { height: 30px; visibility: ; display: top; }
    Friday, June 08, 2007
    Here you go Unlce Bob!
    The last couple days I've had a few good blogging ideas...but as I sit down to write, I'm drawing a blank.

    So I think I'll just do a little review of what it's like to fly with Skybus. I'm sure many of you will experience this company at one point or another, they are the new cheap cheap ticket place. (We paid $105.00 total for me to go direct from Bellingham to Columbus and back).

    Since they are very new, in the Bellingham airport skybus didn't have it's own desk where the rest of them were. It was kind of funny...we got in the airport and were looking around for skybus, and then finally saw a little flimsy sign stuck to the wall that said "Skybus ---->". We followed the sign which led us back outside the airport, around to the back, and up a ramp of a portable classroom/trailer type thing. Inside it was skybus!

    Now, the thing that's different with skybus is that they do not assign you a seat..ever. It is literally first come first serve. They do put you in a group, as you check in. There's groups 1,2, and 3. We figured out that the only way to get into group 1 is to pay $10 for special check in capabilities. This means you get right on the place fast and quick, and don't have to fight the rush of people trying to get aisle seats. Not a bad thing to do if you are determined to sit with your family or something. This would guarantee it.

    That leads me to my next piece of advice - check in online. You can do this up to 24 hours in advance. If you do this within the first 8-10 hours of this 24 hour period, you will most likely get into group 2. After that though, anyone else who checks in online or at the airport will be in group 3. Your chances of sitting with someone you wanted to sit with become very slim and you might end up in the middle of 2 random people.

    If you are not taking any checked baggage, then once you check in online, print off your boarding pass and you can go write to security. If you are checking baggage, it costs $5 per bag (up to 2 bags) and you can pay either online when you check in, or at the counter. Either way you will have to go to the counter if you have bags you want to check.
    **note: if you check any luggage, you have to do so with a credit card..no cash or anything else.

    Okay that's all I can think of right now. Just get there earlier than you would for a different airline. Even if you get into group 2, by the end of that group the seats get more sporadic.
    All in all, I'd say it was a pretty good experience.

    Labels: , , , ,

    posted by jamie @ 10:34 AM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     

    About Me

    Name: jamie
    Home: St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
    About Me: I am an American living in Ontario. I've just recently started going to school again for a BA in Human Services. I like mexican and indian food and watching tv way more than the average individual. I absolutely love talking to my parents on the phone and my brother is one of my best friends. I'm married to a great guy whose pretty much the exact opposite of me but he loves me and makes laugh and we have a lot of fun. I didn't always feel this way, but these days I'm feelin' pretty good. That's my life, welcome to chaos and order.
    See my complete profile
    for entertaining
    for watching
    for reading
    for contemplating the recent past
    for contemplating the past
    for finding things

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    for pushing buttons

    Jamie Porter Church's Facebook profile 2k Bloggers

    for making money
     
    © Chaos & Order . template by insani.com