• #navbar-iframe { height: 30px; visibility: ; display: top; }
    Saturday, May 05, 2007
    Provoked
    Came across this photo randomly in some facebook group. I thought it was quite thought-provoking.

    Who are we, really, to judge? To hate? To protest? I'm not sure. It reminds me of a time, about 6 years ago, when I was really into the whole "Rock for Life" movement. They are a pro-life, teen oriented, punk rock goth hippy post modern organization that, among many other things, makes T shirts and buttons and patches that say things like "Abortion is Murder", "Abortion is Homicide", "Face it, Abortion Kills", etc (I must admit, I kind of like the shirt that says 'Former Embryo", that's pretty clever).

    Well anyway, in my late teens I wore some of this stuff. And when I was in Vancouver, doing my DTS with YWAM, I had a revelation. I was sitting on Commercial Drive, with my baggy pants and my "Abortion is Homicide" patches, and I suddenly thought, "what if a girl walked by me, who had had an abortion, and saw my patch....and then later I see her again and try to tell her about the love of God?" I realized at that moment, that she would never listen to me..that I was speaking a message far more damaging than I could imagine, that her first impression of me would be that I was judging and condemning her. Why would she listen to me? I'm not saying it's not true or that we shouldn't stand up for what we believe.. But I do know that I was changed that day. And since then, I've definitely thought alot more about things before I took my stand.

    Labels: , , , , ,

    posted by jamie @ 2:07 AM  
    3 Comments:
    • At 2:10 PM, May 05, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Excellent post, Jamie. Well said. So very important, I hope more people learn this lesson.

      Peace,
      Jami

       
    • At 4:26 PM, May 07, 2007, Blogger MaryHuffman said…

      Good comments. Makes you think what you stand so loudly against can silence someone from reaching out to God's love and forgiveness. Thanks for reminding me of this.

       
    • At 5:14 PM, May 08, 2007, Blogger Emily Deu said…

      I do think that what you said was good, but maybe Im selfish...I want to know what you thought about Grey's last week?

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     

    About Me

    Name: jamie
    Home: St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
    About Me: I am an American living in Ontario. I've just recently started going to school again for a BA in Human Services. I like mexican and indian food and watching tv way more than the average individual. I absolutely love talking to my parents on the phone and my brother is one of my best friends. I'm married to a great guy whose pretty much the exact opposite of me but he loves me and makes laugh and we have a lot of fun. I didn't always feel this way, but these days I'm feelin' pretty good. That's my life, welcome to chaos and order.
    See my complete profile
    for entertaining
    for watching
    for reading
    for contemplating the recent past
    for contemplating the past
    for finding things

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    for pushing buttons

    Jamie Porter Church's Facebook profile 2k Bloggers

    for making money
     
    © Chaos & Order . template by insani.com