• #navbar-iframe { height: 30px; visibility: ; display: top; }
    Saturday, April 14, 2007
    Greetings. It's been a few days, though not much has happened. We did have our good buddy Henri over last night for steaks though (cow for craig, salmon for us). It was a blast and a darn good meal if I do say to myself.

    I've been playing around with photo editing pretty much all day today (hence the new look). It scares me how much I enjoy doing it. It's one of those things where I only think of it as a pastime activity, yet I enjoy it more and more and am thinking of taking some classes when I go back to school next year. I don't see it as a career choice for now but maybe as a side job..who knows... it's fun though and I actually enjoy reading about it. Check out this new header idea I've been working on for a blog I am helping Randy create.

    Oh and I've been meaning to mention this for a while now... for all my fellow blogger friends, I think we can all safely take off the 'word verification' in our comments section now. I tested it out and have had mine off for a few weeks now without one single spam comment...I'm pretty sure the spammers gave up, since everyone switched to the verification. So please, for my sanity and probably all yours as well, let's take it off!
    posted by jamie @ 8:09 PM  
    6 Comments:
    • At 2:29 PM, April 15, 2007, Blogger Stu Bish said…

      I like the new headers.

      What are you using to edit?

       
    • At 6:31 PM, April 15, 2007, Blogger jamie said…

      PAINT.net... good program

       
    • At 12:58 AM, April 16, 2007, Blogger Michelle said…

      Wow, that header is awesome.

      You know you can always do freelance photo-editing/design on the side. It pays decent, and you could just pick up a few jobs here or there, advertising for a company, cover art for small publishers, web art . . . You have the talent. I used to work in publishing and we used freelance graphic designers all the time.

       
    • At 1:57 AM, April 16, 2007, Blogger Kristina said…

      cool, Im the same with messing around with graphics too. I can spaen hours and hours on a photo, getting it just the way I want it. well, most of it is figurin out how to get it the way I want it.

       
    • At 10:18 AM, April 16, 2007, Blogger jamie said…

      hey thanks for the comments guys!

      JM welcome to my blog ;)

       
    • At 8:46 PM, April 20, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      I am the same way. I spend hours and hours playing around with photo editors (hours that should be spent writing papers). But I bet that if I was assigned to edit photos as often as I'm assigned to write papers, I'd put it off by writing in my journal or something...anything to procrastinate!
      I love both headers- you're so creative

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     

    About Me

    Name: jamie
    Home: St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
    About Me: I am an American living in Ontario. I've just recently started going to school again for a BA in Human Services. I like mexican and indian food and watching tv way more than the average individual. I absolutely love talking to my parents on the phone and my brother is one of my best friends. I'm married to a great guy whose pretty much the exact opposite of me but he loves me and makes laugh and we have a lot of fun. I didn't always feel this way, but these days I'm feelin' pretty good. That's my life, welcome to chaos and order.
    See my complete profile
    for entertaining
    for watching
    for reading
    for contemplating the recent past
    for contemplating the past
    for finding things

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    for pushing buttons

    Jamie Porter Church's Facebook profile 2k Bloggers

    for making money
     
    © Chaos & Order . template by insani.com