• #navbar-iframe { height: 30px; visibility: ; display: top; }
    Saturday, April 21, 2007
    Blog Land
    Lately I have been thinking about what I have dubbed 'blogland' (along with many others, I'm sure). It truly is it's own world...and I have found that generally, blogs that have a specific focus seem to crate the most traffic. I often think, 'who besides friends and family, would really care about reading my blog?'

    Take for example, my friend Heather, over at Our Life Voyage. She is a mother of 'multiples', or twins as probably most without twins would call them. (multiples just sounds cooler though!) She has found this on-line community of women who are all mothers, dealing with similar things, encouraging each other, relating to one another. And most of them have never 'met' each other - but it seems to make no difference in the friendships that are developing. I use this as an example because I have been over at Heather's blog a lot lately, helping her out with a new template. But another example would be another friend, Jamie. His blog, Emergent Voyageurs, has a focus of the 'Emergent Church'. What does that mean? Well, read his blog..you'll find out. But it's also part of a large community of people who all have their own blogs and discuss similar topics. It's made having 'online friends' cool without being weird, like in the days of chatrooms.

    So basically it comes down to this. If you want to get noticed or be part of a large blogging community, you gotta get a focus. If you don't care, talk about whatever you want. I feel sort of stuck in the middle, but to be honest, I really have no focus to talk about. So until then, I will continue to talk about nothing, and amuse my friends and family with my rambling about 'what I did today' and pictures that I've taken of myself because my husband wont ;) Either way, I think blog land is cool, and I'm glad I'm in it.

    Labels: , ,

    posted by jamie @ 4:53 PM  
    5 Comments:
    • At 6:45 PM, April 21, 2007, Blogger Heather said…

      im glad you are in it too. i love reading about whats going on and now you are super cool amazing blog template fixer - LOVE IT! love you. cant wait to see you this summer.

       
    • At 11:37 PM, April 21, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Thanks for the shout out. It is true that a focus tends to bring you traffic, but that comes with a great deal of work too. I did a lot of research, put in a lot of time, etc. and it has paid off. But it is time and energy consuming.

      Your blog should be whatever you want it to be. As soon as it stops being enjoyable or beneficial, it isn't worth it. If you just want a place to vent and have a few friends connected, then go for it. Great thoughts, Jamie!

      Peace,
      The Other Jamie

       
    • At 1:12 AM, April 22, 2007, Blogger joanna said…

      i love blog land!
      love you too...faithful one...

       
    • At 12:47 PM, April 23, 2007, Blogger Elaine Vigneault said…

      Your blog is part of the diverse group of bloggers at www.2kbloggers.com thanks for submitting your blog and providing your beautiful picture :)

       
    • At 10:35 PM, April 24, 2007, Blogger Michael said…

      hey friend sorry I haven't commented in awhile...i am just watching svu and I felt the need to inform u that marishka is looking old. also just heard from the thomas that ur not into svu much anymore...what? finnaly u hav seen the lite... anyways I miss hasseling u about it...here's to the good ole days. holler back.

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     

    About Me

    Name: jamie
    Home: St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
    About Me: I am an American living in Ontario. I've just recently started going to school again for a BA in Human Services. I like mexican and indian food and watching tv way more than the average individual. I absolutely love talking to my parents on the phone and my brother is one of my best friends. I'm married to a great guy whose pretty much the exact opposite of me but he loves me and makes laugh and we have a lot of fun. I didn't always feel this way, but these days I'm feelin' pretty good. That's my life, welcome to chaos and order.
    See my complete profile
    for entertaining
    for watching
    for reading
    for contemplating the recent past
    for contemplating the past
    for finding things

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    for pushing buttons

    Jamie Porter Church's Facebook profile 2k Bloggers

    for making money
     
    © Chaos & Order . template by insani.com