• #navbar-iframe { height: 30px; visibility: ; display: top; }
    Monday, January 26, 2009
    In Remembrance
    Today is an anniversary of something I haven't talked about in a long time, but for some reason this year I feel I should. I feel I should remind people about two lives that were taken 8 years ago on this day. These years have passed by so quickly for me, but for the two families that lost their son/brother I am sure that is not the case. I warn you that this is not going to be one of my normal posts, however I feel it is important.

    8 years ago today, we were let out of school early because of snow, which was exciting because that meant our church youth group could leave earlier for our trip down to Winterblast. I was one of the drivers in a line of cars all filled with excited youth off to a weekend of fun. It was me, my best friend Sarah in the passenger seat, and 2 really hyper young boys in the back seat. Cody, 14, was one of my bass players on our youth worship team and was hilarious. Andy, 13, I had recently gotten to know from an earlier trip to mexico, he was a really sweet kid. They both had pretty big, incredibly loving and caring families that all went to our church. About 30 min away from our destination, my car slipped on some ice throwing us into oncoming traffic. My car was literally torn in 2, the front half going into the ditch and the back half was thrown about 40 feet away. Cody and Andy were both killed, Sarah and I walked out of it basically unscathed.

    I was looking through my old journals just now, trying to find my pictures I have of Cody and Andy. I can't find the photos, they must be in a box somewhere, but I came across a journal entry I wrote on April 16, 2001, less than three months after the accident.

    As my mind unwillingly flows in and out of the accident, I feel the car slipping on the ice... I hear myself shouting for everyone to hold on...I see the other car coming. I know something is not right. I close my eyes as I give up control to nature. My ears ring as I hear the crash. The sound stays in my ears to this day. I remember the dusty air bag, I remember the cracked windshield and the wipers still going back and forth. I remember just staying...how long did it take for me to realize that my life and many others would never from that day on be the same? I finally look to the right of me...Sarah...she is breathing...panicking. I unbuckle myself and then get her out of her seat belt that is choking her...and then, we realize.


    Scanned from my Journal, written Feb 5th 2001
    posted by jamie @ 8:44 PM  
    4 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     

    About Me

    Name: jamie
    Home: St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
    About Me: I am an American living in Ontario. I've just recently started going to school again for a BA in Human Services. I like mexican and indian food and watching tv way more than the average individual. I absolutely love talking to my parents on the phone and my brother is one of my best friends. I'm married to a great guy whose pretty much the exact opposite of me but he loves me and makes laugh and we have a lot of fun. I didn't always feel this way, but these days I'm feelin' pretty good. That's my life, welcome to chaos and order.
    See my complete profile
    for entertaining
    for watching
    for reading
    for contemplating the recent past
    for contemplating the past
    for finding things

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    for pushing buttons

    Jamie Porter Church's Facebook profile 2k Bloggers

    for making money
     
    © Chaos & Order . template by insani.com