• #navbar-iframe { height: 30px; visibility: ; display: top; }
    Monday, March 19, 2007
    Thoughts on The War
    I heard on the news that today is the 4th anniversary of the War in Iraq.

    Wow.. I have never had a strong opinion either way on this war. Heck, I didn't even vote in the last presidential election (gasp!). Maybe I'm a bad American.. or wait, does the fact that I didn't vote for Bush make me a good American? I don't really know. I guess it depends on who you talk to or which celebrity you'd rather listen to.

    Remember when the whole Dixie Chicks thing went down? They were one of the first in the spotlight to publicly say they were 'embarrassed' by Bush (I think those were the words..) Well, I remember how what seemed like a majority of the country freaked out, calling them anti-American, radio stations breaking and throwing away their CDs... That seems like another life time ago to me, because now you rarely see someone in the media not saying they are embarrassed because of Bush and the decisions he's making.

    I feel like I cannot form a solid opinion, because I don't trust where it's coming from. The media truly does declare what's good and bad, or even cool and uncool...take for example, the Mac vs. PC adds.. I mean, how do you not watch that and begin to think of a PC as a nerdy looking old dude? And now it is definitely cool to be anti bush and anti war. I'm not saying either are good (again, I'm not ready to form my opinion yet), I'm just saying I want to be careful not to be swayed by what popular culture says is good and bad.

    My fear is that we'll never be happy, no matter what the US Government does. If America wouldn't have gone into Iraq, would the world have said we were wrong to just leave it and not go help? Selfish, even? What about if we went in, and then pulled out in the middle because things weren't getting better. Would the world say "how dare you go in and stir everything up and then just leave?" I fear that staying through to the bitter end might be the worst decision, if you are judging by popular opinion.

    But again, I have no opinion

    Labels: , , ,

    posted by jamie @ 9:06 PM  
    2 Comments:
    • At 1:47 AM, March 20, 2007, Blogger Lindsey said…

      good thoughts jamie. i appreciate your honesty. there are a lot of hard questions to ask and i am sooooo glad that i don't have to be the one to give the answers to an entire country!

       
    • At 12:37 AM, March 22, 2007, Blogger Deidre said…

      This comment has been removed by the author.

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     

    About Me

    Name: jamie
    Home: St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
    About Me: I am an American living in Ontario. I've just recently started going to school again for a BA in Human Services. I like mexican and indian food and watching tv way more than the average individual. I absolutely love talking to my parents on the phone and my brother is one of my best friends. I'm married to a great guy whose pretty much the exact opposite of me but he loves me and makes laugh and we have a lot of fun. I didn't always feel this way, but these days I'm feelin' pretty good. That's my life, welcome to chaos and order.
    See my complete profile
    for entertaining
    for watching
    for reading
    for contemplating the recent past
    for contemplating the past
    for finding things

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    for pushing buttons

    Jamie Porter Church's Facebook profile 2k Bloggers

    for making money
     
    © Chaos & Order . template by insani.com