• #navbar-iframe { height: 30px; visibility: ; display: top; }
    Thursday, November 24, 2005

    This week I have not been working in the office, but have been having a time of re-defining 'missions' for myself and 4 other fellow ywam staff. It's been really interesting...hard work and challenging in so many ways that you might not expect from a traditional 2 week outreach. There is no way to hide behind christian activity... it challenges you to the core and it makes you start to wonder what is really important. More on that as the weeks unfold i guess..

    Craig and i got our engagement photo proofs online. I am really excited about them. I wish i could put one of them on here but they are on some program where you can save them, i guess so you can't rip the photographer off...which makes sense. But anyway if you want to see them the program is on Henri's computer.

    One more thing to say before i go bed. Please pray for my health again, yesterday i went to the doctor for sort of a check-in and it wasn't a great appt. First of all she wasn't very nice, but secondly she didnt have the greatest news for me. I have not been healing as well as i had expected so i was quite upset to hear that she said if my pain still doesn't go away in 2 weeks, to call her... but 2 more weeks???? Give me a break... it has already been 6 weeks.... Not as bad as it was mid-october, but still uncomfotable. I just really want to be healed. I beleive God has the capabilites, i just hope that he will do it. Thanks for your prayers though. I feel like my hope comes in waves and the past couple days have been low.
    posted by jamie @ 2:11 AM  
    4 Comments:
    • At 4:42 AM, November 24, 2005, Blogger Kristina said…

      hey cool pics, where'd you get 'em.
      eat lots turkey.

       
    • At 12:32 PM, November 24, 2005, Blogger Lindsey said…

      hey james,
      sounds like this outreach is really going well. i wish i could be there with you guys. i will totally be praying for healing for you. i am sorry you have to go through this. thanks for keeping posted about it. but hey, i am excited you got to see harry potter! i think i am going to go this week. i am very excited. wish you could come with me. love you lots james!
      lindsey

       
    • At 1:22 AM, November 25, 2005, Blogger Larph said…

      hi jamie

      if you really want to rip the photographer off (?) pull the picture up, and do a printscreen (screen capture).
      You can edit that in any basic art program (even msoft paint) and then post the pics online.
      ooooh, let's all wait and see if she does it!!

       
    • At 1:26 AM, November 26, 2005, Blogger Larph said…

      jamie -

      okay, printscreen - takes a screencapture.
      On a mac, you hit appleshift4 and you can choose what to take a capture of with a crosshair.
      On peecee, there is usually a lile button somewhere on the keyboard.
      On the ma laptop it is in the op right hand corner and it looks like this: PrtSc
      Bring up a big a vesion of the image onto the screen as possible.
      Hit PrtSc, and it will "capture" the screen and send it to the clipboard.
      The open up paint or whatever, and hit "paste".
      Et voila, it should appear... you should be able to crop it to just the photo you want...
      let me know if you need more help...

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     

    About Me

    Name: jamie
    Home: St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
    About Me: I am an American living in Ontario. I've just recently started going to school again for a BA in Human Services. I like mexican and indian food and watching tv way more than the average individual. I absolutely love talking to my parents on the phone and my brother is one of my best friends. I'm married to a great guy whose pretty much the exact opposite of me but he loves me and makes laugh and we have a lot of fun. I didn't always feel this way, but these days I'm feelin' pretty good. That's my life, welcome to chaos and order.
    See my complete profile
    for entertaining
    for watching
    for reading
    for contemplating the recent past
    for contemplating the past
    for finding things

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    for pushing buttons

    Jamie Porter Church's Facebook profile 2k Bloggers

    for making money
     
    © Chaos & Order . template by insani.com