• #navbar-iframe { height: 30px; visibility: ; display: top; }
    Monday, November 26, 2007
    Thanksgiving for 2
    Well, after a shaky thanksgiving week, I was nervous to have my weigh-in this morning, but I'm happy to report that I was down another 2 lbs, which puts me at a total of 22 lbs lost, with 23 to go. Just about half way there! I'm getting nervous though because my only cardio I was doing before was going for a run outside, so now that it's snowy and cold I am going to have to come up with a new way to exercise. Anyone have any good ideas (besides joining a gym - can't afford that right now)?

    On thanksgiving day I decided I really wanted turkey, so I went to the store around 3 pm and bought a bunch of thanksgiving type food. I made a rachel ray recipe that was soooo good, I just had to share it with you all. It's cheesy breaded turkey breasts with mushroom gravy, and then I served that with sweet potato fries. For dessert, we had a store-bought pumpkin cheesecake!

    Here goes: (serves 4, I cut it all in half to serve 2 and did my own thing a bit, this is my rendition)

    - 8 turkey breasts or turkey cutlets
    - 1 pound mushrooms, quartered, divided
    - 2 1/2 cups breadcrumbs ( i used seasoned breadcrumbs)
    - 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
    - 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided (I used whole wheat flour)
    - 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
    - 4 eggs
    - 1 clove garlic, grated
    - 2 tablespoons butter
    - 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
    - 2 cups chicken stock
    - Olive Oil

    Preheat a large, nonstick skillet over high heat with 2 tablespoons Olive Oil, and add in half of the mushrooms. Cook on one side, trying not to move them too much, until they are nice and golden brown. Once they are golden, flip them over to brown on the other side. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper, remove to a platter and repeat with the remaining mushrooms.

    Set out 3 shallow dishes, in the first one add the breadcrumbs, cheese, salt and freshly ground black pepper. In the second dish, combine 1 1/2 cups flour and poultry seasoning. In the third, whisk up the eggs and milk.

    Dip the cutlets into the seasoned flour, then into the egg mixture, then into the cheesy breadcrumb mixture. Repeat with the rest of the turkey cutlets.

    Heat a large skillet with 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil over medium-high heat. Cooking in batches to avoid crowding the pan, add the breaded cutlets and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side, until nice and golden brown on each side.

    In the same skillet the mushrooms were cooked in, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook until it's golden in color. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of flour. Cook 2-3 minutes, then add the balsamic, allowing it to slightly reduce. Next, add in the chicken stock and reserved, cooked mushrooms to the skillet. Cook everything down until thick and creamy.

    Enjoy!

    Labels: , , , , ,

    posted by jamie @ 6:37 PM  
    1 Comments:
    • At 2:56 PM, November 28, 2007, Blogger lolly said…

      Jamie, that is so incredible. 22lbs! wow! if you have a dvd player/VCR and a little room to move i'd suggest trying out a dancing exercise video. I got a couple salsa cardio dvds and loved them a lot more than i thought i would. my 2 cents...

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     

    About Me

    Name: jamie
    Home: St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
    About Me: I am an American living in Ontario. I've just recently started going to school again for a BA in Human Services. I like mexican and indian food and watching tv way more than the average individual. I absolutely love talking to my parents on the phone and my brother is one of my best friends. I'm married to a great guy whose pretty much the exact opposite of me but he loves me and makes laugh and we have a lot of fun. I didn't always feel this way, but these days I'm feelin' pretty good. That's my life, welcome to chaos and order.
    See my complete profile
    for entertaining
    for watching
    for reading
    for contemplating the recent past
    for contemplating the past
    for finding things

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    for pushing buttons

    Jamie Porter Church's Facebook profile 2k Bloggers

    for making money
     
    © Chaos & Order . template by insani.com