• #navbar-iframe { height: 30px; visibility: ; display: top; }
    Thursday, November 22, 2007
    Giving Thanks
    Here's the view outside our window today ---it's happened every year since I was born, you'd think I'd be used to it by now! For some reason though, I'm always shocked/enamored by it each winter and put like 80 pics of it on my blog... I guess this year's no different! ;)

    Sooooo it's thanksgiving...a glorious holiday for Americans, almost on equal grounds with Christmas. I'm sad that I am not once again with my parents and brother, especially because we live so close now. But we're going down there in 2 weeks so we'll celebrate an "in-between christmas/thanksgiving" then. And honestly I totally forgot it was Thanksgiving until this morning so I think I might go to the store and buy at least something resembling a thanksgiving meal. And since I don't have the YWAMers around that made us all go around and say what we're thankful for (which I always secretly enjoyed!) I'll do it on my blog.

    I'm thankful for:
    - My family- My husband, mom, dad, and brother, K-Dawg, Susan, and Kyle, my Aunts and Uncles and grandparents and cousins, a great bunch to be related to!
    - my home - I have a warm home with a bed and food and computer and TV...all sorts of comfort things that I'm lucky to have
    - my education - something that much of the world would give up a lot more that I have, for the opportunity of getting an education
    - TV shows - they bring me lots of joy
    - a new Church - looking forward to getting more involved, the pastor invited us for supper too
    - Friends - though we're all spread out around the world, we are lucky to have a spider web of people that care about us. I miss you all - a lot
    - my health - it's been over 2 years since I've had any sort of bechets break outs... amazing. I'm also thankful for my weight loss and that I feel so much better in my own skin
    - Canadian residency - to know that I will be able to live here forever without having to renew a visa is an awesome feeling

    Lots of things to be thankful for. Happy thanksgiving everyone!

    Labels: , , ,

    posted by jamie @ 12:44 PM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     

    About Me

    Name: jamie
    Home: St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
    About Me: I am an American living in Ontario. I've just recently started going to school again for a BA in Human Services. I like mexican and indian food and watching tv way more than the average individual. I absolutely love talking to my parents on the phone and my brother is one of my best friends. I'm married to a great guy whose pretty much the exact opposite of me but he loves me and makes laugh and we have a lot of fun. I didn't always feel this way, but these days I'm feelin' pretty good. That's my life, welcome to chaos and order.
    See my complete profile
    for entertaining
    for watching
    for reading
    for contemplating the recent past
    for contemplating the past
    for finding things

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    for pushing buttons

    Jamie Porter Church's Facebook profile 2k Bloggers

    for making money
     
    © Chaos & Order . template by insani.com