|Here's the view outside our window today ---it's happened every year since I was born, you'd think I'd be used to it by now! For some reason though, I'm always shocked/enamored by it each winter and put like 80 pics of it on my blog... I guess this year's no different! ;)
Sooooo it's thanksgiving...a glorious holiday for Americans, almost on equal grounds with Christmas. I'm sad that I am not once again with my parents and brother, especially because we live so close now. But we're going down there in 2 weeks so we'll celebrate an "in-between christmas/thanksgiving" then. And honestly I totally forgot it was Thanksgiving until this morning so I think I might go to the store and buy at least something resembling a thanksgiving meal. And since I don't have the YWAMers around that made us all go around and say what we're thankful for (which I always secretly enjoyed!) I'll do it on my blog.
I'm thankful for:
- My family- My husband, mom, dad, and brother, K-Dawg, Susan, and Kyle, my Aunts and Uncles and grandparents and cousins, a great bunch to be related to!
- my home - I have a warm home with a bed and food and computer and TV...all sorts of comfort things that I'm lucky to have
- my education - something that much of the world would give up a lot more that I have, for the opportunity of getting an education
- TV shows - they bring me lots of joy
- a new Church - looking forward to getting more involved, the pastor invited us for supper too
- Friends - though we're all spread out around the world, we are lucky to have a spider web of people that care about us. I miss you all - a lot
- my health - it's been over 2 years since I've had any sort of bechets break outs... amazing. I'm also thankful for my weight loss and that I feel so much better in my own skin
- Canadian residency - to know that I will be able to live here forever without having to renew a visa is an awesome feeling
Lots of things to be thankful for. Happy thanksgiving everyone!
Labels: ontario, snow, Thanksgiving, winter