• #navbar-iframe { height: 30px; visibility: ; display: top; }
    Saturday, April 07, 2007
    happy in-between day

    Go Leafs!

    this is the cry of my husband's heart today as it's a very important game this afternoon (so I'm told ;) Like our matching hats?

    Anyway, today is a weird day for me. It's not 'good friday' and it's not Easter sunday.. it's this weird in-between day where I keep thinking it's sunday because I had yesterday off...and then I remember it's not. And if you think about it, this day would almost have been worse than yesterday for the disciples and Jesus's family. I mean of course seeing him murdered would have been horrible..but, if they had gone to sleep at some point on friday after he died, imagine the terrible sinking feeling they would have felt once they woke up and realized it wasn't a dream... You know how there's that moment right when you're about to wake up, and it's like you don't realize yet that your life will never be the same again. I have felt this feeling before, it's not a good one at all.

    No wonder Thomas, one of the disciples, had a hard time believing that Jesus really had risen from the dead. First of all, it's 'impossilbe' and if someone said that the day after your best friend died, you'd probably want to hit them. If I had been alive back then, I would have said I had to see it to believe it, too.. not only just see it but feel it... I'd want to touch the holes in Jesus's hands...and the wound in his side. I get that.

    Labels: , , , ,

    posted by jamie @ 6:23 PM  
    2 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     

    About Me

    Name: jamie
    Home: St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
    About Me: I am an American living in Ontario. I've just recently started going to school again for a BA in Human Services. I like mexican and indian food and watching tv way more than the average individual. I absolutely love talking to my parents on the phone and my brother is one of my best friends. I'm married to a great guy whose pretty much the exact opposite of me but he loves me and makes laugh and we have a lot of fun. I didn't always feel this way, but these days I'm feelin' pretty good. That's my life, welcome to chaos and order.
    See my complete profile
    for entertaining
    for watching
    for reading
    for contemplating the recent past
    for contemplating the past
    for finding things

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    for pushing buttons

    Jamie Porter Church's Facebook profile 2k Bloggers

    for making money
     
    © Chaos & Order . template by insani.com