• #navbar-iframe { height: 30px; visibility: ; display: top; }
    Sunday, July 01, 2007
    Goodbye Mount Pleasant!

    Well, we are now out of our home on 11th ave and into the Parizeau's (some friends here) for the next 3 weeks. It was sad leaving our house, it's such a great house..and the area around it, called "Mt. Pleasant" is an area where I've lived for most of my time in Vancouver. On my DTS we lived in a house there, then as a staff I shared a home with 3 others, then a year later I had an appartment, and last year another house with Craig. All within a few blocks from each other...weird. I liked it though. I'll miss it.

    I've had a chance to cool down about this, but you'd never guess what happened on friday... So for the past few weeks, we've had the moving company booked to come on the 30th of June. We have the confirmation emails about it, and had talked to the people who booked it on and off throughout the last week especially. So each day we were sort of trying to pack things away, but we had left a lot to do on friday because we were still using so much stuff, especially the kitchen and bathroom. So friday morning after I had already gone to work, Craig calls the actual moving guys (that come in the truck) to confirm a time they will be coming on Saturday, and the guy says "How about 1". So Craig says sure, and then the guy says something that causes Craig to say "Saturday, right?" And the guy says, "No, today"....WHAT?!?!?!????? After a quick panic and phone call to our contact at the booking office, Craig finds out that the miscommunication must've happened between the middle man, and the moving guys. They had booked us for the 29th instead, even though our confirmation page says 30th, and there's absolutely nothing they can do about it..yikes...

    So Craig calls me at around 9:30 am, and tells me the news..... I tell him that there's no way we can move today, they are just going to have to come back tomorrow. They cannot change it on us. After using some choice words and threatening to sue, I begrudgingly rushed home (Henri came to help to, luckily) and we started throwing everything in boxes. We were still packing up as the movers were putting the boxes on the truck....it was not good. Because of the rush and chaos of everything, there was so much that did not get on the truck. Too much to fit in the car...so we might have to mail it home. We will be sending them the bill for that, as well as the $ we missed for both having to miss work that day. Ugh..it was a mess..

    But now it's over, thank goodness, and we took yesterday to clean the whole house and get the rest of our stuff out. We are now settling in to our new temporary home.
    posted by jamie @ 11:31 AM  
    3 Comments:
    • At 12:14 PM, July 01, 2007, Blogger Lindsey said…

      argh!!! wow, that would stress me out! you should send them those bills, that's crazy. i hope the rest of your moving goes better.

       
    • At 10:53 PM, July 01, 2007, Blogger One Life Now said…

      hope you enjoy your last weeks in the 'couve...good old randy and rita's.....
      we get to see you soon!!!!

       
    • At 11:16 PM, July 01, 2007, Blogger Heather said…

      good old mt pleasant.. i love that you lived in that house and hope it went to good people... the memories are endless arn't they. can't wait to see you in a couple weeks.

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     

    About Me

    Name: jamie
    Home: St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
    About Me: I am an American living in Ontario. I've just recently started going to school again for a BA in Human Services. I like mexican and indian food and watching tv way more than the average individual. I absolutely love talking to my parents on the phone and my brother is one of my best friends. I'm married to a great guy whose pretty much the exact opposite of me but he loves me and makes laugh and we have a lot of fun. I didn't always feel this way, but these days I'm feelin' pretty good. That's my life, welcome to chaos and order.
    See my complete profile
    for entertaining
    for watching
    for reading
    for contemplating the recent past
    for contemplating the past
    for finding things

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    for pushing buttons

    Jamie Porter Church's Facebook profile 2k Bloggers

    for making money
     
    © Chaos & Order . template by insani.com