• #navbar-iframe { height: 30px; visibility: ; display: top; }
    Sunday, January 14, 2007
    a night with the cheif
    Hello friends,

    So last night I went with my friend Pam, to go see Loren Cunningham speak in Fort Langley, and to help sell books. Now for those of you who don't know, Loren Cunningham is sort of a YWAM celebrity. He is the founder of our mission, and also I believe the only man in the world who's been to every country (I've heard he's in the Guinness book of world records, though I can't confirm this personally).

    So anyway, I brought my camera, hoping to snap a few shots of him while he was speaking. And when we walked in, I was amazed to find that the church was soo tiny.. and there weren't even very many people coming. Then Loren walked in, and I felt nervous.... it was weird - like, this guy I've heard about for 5 years, and read his books, here he is standing 3 feet away from me. Then he introduced himself and shook my hand.. crazy :)

    He spoke on faith and finances, which was really great to hear, and at the end when we were all selling books, he was sitting behind the book table with us, signing his books for people. After most people were cleared out, I got up the guts to ask him for a picture, which he gladly obliged. So cool...and I thought to myself, 'What a great night...! I'm so glad I came'

    THEN... Don asked me and Pam if we'd take Loren to where he was staying! No Way! So while in the car with the big C, I text Craig and said "I'm in a car with Loren Cunningham".... he laughed.

    What a great night :) Here's some pics and video clip of him speaking

    Labels: , , , ,

    posted by jamie @ 3:07 PM  
    1 Comments:
    • At 8:57 PM, January 16, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      I bet I would have been nervous to... even though secretly scoff at him and his YWAM celebrity-ness sometimes.

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     

    About Me

    Name: jamie
    Home: St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
    About Me: I am an American living in Ontario. I've just recently started going to school again for a BA in Human Services. I like mexican and indian food and watching tv way more than the average individual. I absolutely love talking to my parents on the phone and my brother is one of my best friends. I'm married to a great guy whose pretty much the exact opposite of me but he loves me and makes laugh and we have a lot of fun. I didn't always feel this way, but these days I'm feelin' pretty good. That's my life, welcome to chaos and order.
    See my complete profile
    for entertaining
    for watching
    for reading
    for contemplating the recent past
    for contemplating the past
    for finding things

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    for pushing buttons

    Jamie Porter Church's Facebook profile 2k Bloggers

    for making money
     
    © Chaos & Order . template by insani.com