• #navbar-iframe { height: 30px; visibility: ; display: top; }
    Friday, October 06, 2006
    Well here i am sitting at the crisis centre...It's 2:43 am and I am bored so I thought I'd update people as to what I've been doing lately.

    I am now into my second month working with YWAM Donor Services (soon to be called Project Funding!). It is going quite well. My main jobs so far are helping to redesign and make changes to all our forms and processess, since we were audited a while back. I also add new staff to our data base and set up pre-authorized payments for people that want to support missionaries monthly. Its such a neat process of how it works and makes me really thankful how easy our financial support system is set up for missionaries in N.America!

    I am also still volunteering at the crisis centre (obviously). I have one more overnight shift after this that i have to do in order to complete my committment of 200 hours on the phone lines. I probably would've been done a few months ago but i took the whole summer off as Craig and I were traveling and not in Vancouver.
    (Oh that reminds me, anyone with a VanCity bank account --- if you havent already, would you mind voting for the Crisis Centre in the 1 million Vancity award? If we win, we will be able to improve our system and increase our hours for the youth hotline. You can vote by going here.)

    In other news...

    did anyone watch the pilot episode of the new show 'The Nine'? ooh i think its going to be good!

    Well, that's all for now.
    peace
    posted by jamie @ 4:20 AM  
    3 Comments:
    • At 3:17 PM, October 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Yep, and I'll be watching 'The Nine' again this Wednesday night. It comes right after 'Lost', so I feel that my whole night can be spent saying to myself "What the heck is going on?"

      Love you,

      Mom

       
    • At 2:13 AM, October 11, 2006, Blogger jamie said…

      lol mom...

       
    • At 10:22 PM, October 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      jamie i think you should update your blog more so i have more to procrastinate with from my studying! glad to hear everything is going good in vancity... say hi to that guy you call your "husband" for me... miss and love you both...

      kyle c.

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     

    About Me

    Name: jamie
    Home: St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
    About Me: I am an American living in Ontario. I've just recently started going to school again for a BA in Human Services. I like mexican and indian food and watching tv way more than the average individual. I absolutely love talking to my parents on the phone and my brother is one of my best friends. I'm married to a great guy whose pretty much the exact opposite of me but he loves me and makes laugh and we have a lot of fun. I didn't always feel this way, but these days I'm feelin' pretty good. That's my life, welcome to chaos and order.
    See my complete profile
    for entertaining
    for watching
    for reading
    for contemplating the recent past
    for contemplating the past
    for finding things

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    for pushing buttons

    Jamie Porter Church's Facebook profile 2k Bloggers

    for making money
     
    © Chaos & Order . template by insani.com