• #navbar-iframe { height: 30px; visibility: ; display: top; }
    Tuesday, September 12, 2006
    War on Terror
    I am interested to hear what people thought of ABC's The Path to 9/11. I am sure there are lots of oppinions from both sides. Craig and I stayed home to watch it both tonight and last night. I even taped it - might be an interesting keep sake for the future.

    Anyway, I was pretty impressed with it. I admit I don't know which parts are true, and which are dramatised, but overall I was amazed at how much it implied that the US Government knew about Usama (i thought it was Osama??) Bin Laden and his gang. The movie was had a '24-ish' feel to me. (If only Jack Baur would've been there...he would've just ran in and gotten Bin Laden himself, without permission.

    One thing that comes to my mind is that in hindsight, it's easy to make judgements, to point fingers. Even with things like the War in Iraq - I have such a hard time hearing people's arguments for why the US should pull out of Iraq. There is so much going on that we don't know about. It seems like people were mad at Clinton for being hesitant, yet people are mad at Bush for being confrontational.

    All in all though, I was very impressed with the movie. Though to be honest, it probably has something to do with the fact that the director is 'family'. For those of you who don't know, the director of this movie, David Cunningham, is the son of Loren Cunningham, founder of Youth With A Mission (YWAM). I can't imagine how many YWAMers all over N.America were watching the movie these past 2 nights.

    That's all for now. Feel free to leave oppinions.
    posted by jamie @ 2:41 AM  
    2 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     

    About Me

    Name: jamie
    Home: St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
    About Me: I am an American living in Ontario. I've just recently started going to school again for a BA in Human Services. I like mexican and indian food and watching tv way more than the average individual. I absolutely love talking to my parents on the phone and my brother is one of my best friends. I'm married to a great guy whose pretty much the exact opposite of me but he loves me and makes laugh and we have a lot of fun. I didn't always feel this way, but these days I'm feelin' pretty good. That's my life, welcome to chaos and order.
    See my complete profile
    for entertaining
    for watching
    for reading
    for contemplating the recent past
    for contemplating the past
    for finding things

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    for pushing buttons

    Jamie Porter Church's Facebook profile 2k Bloggers

    for making money
     
    © Chaos & Order . template by insani.com