• #navbar-iframe { height: 30px; visibility: ; display: top; }
    Friday, August 05, 2005
    same ol'
    hi friends, sorry for my lack of blogging lately...it seems like my days to everyone would sound pretty routine, going to the crisis centre a couple times a week, and the rest of the time working in the Mission Adventure Program that is running. Some interesting news on that for you guys: we have 5 different youth groups here this week, from Cananda and the States. They just finnished their 4 day training, and now tomorrow 2 teams leave for Thailand, 1 team for Costa Rica, 1 for Vancouver Island, and the other will stay in Vancouver to do their outreach.

    These kids are awesome and many lives have been touched this week by God. I believe it's a good program because it challenges kids to grow and gives them a safe place to practice stepping out of their comfort zone, as well as do some physical and practical work to help others. If you want to check out our Mission Adventures Website, click here.

    During each session we have a time where a different YWAM staff member shares their own testimony, or something that God has done in their life. Last night was my turn to share, and I think it went pretty well, though i was quite nervous. I shared with them about how God has really shown me who I am in the past few years, and how for so long i tried so hard to get my identity and my worth from other people. It felt good to share about obstacles I have over come and only makes me more grateful to God for what he's done in my life.
    posted by jamie @ 2:24 AM  
    0 Comments:
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     

    About Me

    Name: jamie
    Home: St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
    About Me: I am an American living in Ontario. I've just recently started going to school again for a BA in Human Services. I like mexican and indian food and watching tv way more than the average individual. I absolutely love talking to my parents on the phone and my brother is one of my best friends. I'm married to a great guy whose pretty much the exact opposite of me but he loves me and makes laugh and we have a lot of fun. I didn't always feel this way, but these days I'm feelin' pretty good. That's my life, welcome to chaos and order.
    See my complete profile
    for entertaining
    for watching
    for reading
    for contemplating the recent past
    for contemplating the past
    for finding things

    Add to Technorati Favorites

    for pushing buttons

    Jamie Porter Church's Facebook profile 2k Bloggers

    for making money
     
    © Chaos & Order . template by insani.com